This is a proposal to discuss gifting Anthony Sassano, a.k.a Sassal (Twitter) SSV tokens and merch as a ‘thank you’ for hosting 9 episodes of “The Merge” Twitter Space series in the last 2.5 months.
Note: This is not a compensation request by Sassal. In fact, he is not aware of this proposal at all.
Sassal has been a strong supporter of SSV and its organic growth initiative: 9-episodes of The Merge Twitter Space series. Anthony has been a passionate host, initiating intelligent discussions and working alongside the team to discuss strategies around the series.
He was key to the success of the Merge series, attracting the most knowledgeable and influential speakers in the space (none of them was ‘paid to play’). The series gives SSV thought leadership in the Ethereum community and beyond, bringing traction and popularity to the project. Anthony’s contribution is invaluable.
Here are all the Merge episodes Anthony hosted/will host:
Episode 1 - Tim Beiko
Episode 2 - Stani Kulechov
Episode 3 - Ben Edgington
Episode 4 - Sandeep Nailwal
Episode 5 - Vitto Rivabella
Episode 6 - Mudit Gupta
Episode 7 - 0xJim (Upcoming)
Episode 8 - Alon Muroch (Upcoming)
Episode 9 - Rocketpool x Lido (Upcoming)
All Merge series details are also documented here in the SSV’s Notion Docs among other growth events. In our initial discussions with Sassal we only planned to have 8 episodes of the Merge series hosted by Sassal, before adding the 9th episode with Rocketpool and Lido due to the series’s popularity.
Though he did not request any sorts of compensation, and no compensation of any means was promised/discussed when he agreed to be the host, the support and cooperation we received from Sassal made us believe that he deserves a big ‘thank you’ from the SSV community. This will show him the gratitude of the SSV community while giving him more incentives to continue supporting SSV in the future.
Appropriate SSV token amount
- 1000 SSV
- 2000 SSV
- It will give Anthony a vested interest in SSV’s success
- It’s a good gesture from the community and makes us look good in the Ethereum community
- Anthony will have more incentives to continue supporting SSV in the future
- It will attract future contributors knowing that they will be rewarded
- Anthony did not ask for compensation, we are just incurring costs upon ourselves
- There is an opportunity cost not to spend the tokens on other marketing/growth initiatives
- Yes, support this proposal
- No, against this proposal
- Modify the amount