DAO Contributor: “Developer Evangelist & Integration Specialist”
My intention is to apply as a DAO contributor to assist as a developer evangelist & integration specialist, with the goal of expanding the network’s developer ecosystem and removing existing and potential implementation blockers to ensure the ssv.network is easy and frictionless to integrate and build upon by other developers and operators.
I want to help bring forward a future where staking is as decentralized as possible. That means low barriers of entry for new participants. That means DVT and DVT means ssv.network.
ssv.network decentralizes the infrastructure layer on top of which Etherum staking can be built. In order to increase adoption, it needs to be well documented and include all relevant tooling and guides. It is crucial to make integrations as easy and smooth as possible for developers of staking applications and operators to adopt DVT as their infrastructure.
Why I’m fit for this role
My crypto journey
I have been involved with the Ethereum ecosystem on and off since 2016, mining, organizing Ethereum meetups and volunteering at Devcon4. Love the community, the values it represents, and the people involved. I have built and sold two small ecommerce businesses, the latter in 2020 and have decided to dedicate my time and energy to help bring forward the web3 revolution.
I have worked on liquid staking on and off since 2020, working on Tenderize – a liquid staking protocol for Ethereum tokens. I have led the team into Solana DeFi hackathon where we built MVP for liquid staking SOL token(currently marinade.finance, tvl: 5.4M). Left the team in 2021 to work on other projects in Ethereum space. I have been working on various smaller projects since (see next section), working on architecture, backend coding, tokenomics, looking into interesting projects and investing in the space.
- Master’s thesis: Statistical analysis and trading model of a particular financial derivatives (bonus certificates)
- Volunteer at Devcon4 in Prague
- Organizing Ethereum meetups
- Goal & product oriented
- Stanford Online course, Game Theory II: Advanced Applications
ETHOnline 2020 Hackathon, Tenderize.me – Liquid staking protocol, roles: architecture, documentation
- Prizes: 1inch Exchange prize, Keep Network first place
Solana DeFi Hackathon, Tenderize.me(currently Marinade.finance) – Liquid staking protocol, roles: team lead architecture, documentation;
- Prizes: overall 3rd place winner
HackMoney 2021, Wicked.financial – Currency hedging protocol, role: architecture, documentation
- Prizes: UMA prize, Liquity prize
- HackFS 2021, DeFiWiki – decentralized incentivized wiki, roles: team lead, architecture, documentation, backend
- ETHOnline 2020 Hackathon, Tenderize.me – Liquid staking protocol, roles: architecture, documentation
Why am I a good fit to become a DAO contributor?
My modus operandi is running & leading projects, being able to deliver and work independently. I have created and been responsible for technical documentation in all of the projects mentioned above and working with developers on implementing it. I think that my background in finance, mechanism design, tokenomics and building products are highly desirable as well. Also my experience with running Ethereum validator and coding skills although limited(JS, Solidity, Python, Vyper, Rust) are highly welcome here. The skillset of understanding the high level concept and taking a bird eye view combined with zooming in and understanding code & technical documentation would seem like what is needed here.
What will I do?
- Ensure continuous documentation of the protocol architecture and functionality.
- Structure and refine the documentation funnel for developers and operators & measure their success.
- Write & optimize technical integration guides for new & existing use cases.
- Document, optimize and ideate new & existing dev tools through user feedback and usability testing.
- Drive creation of user guides, tutorials, and walkthroughs of product components.
- Developer ecosystem point of contact for any integration questions / pain points.
- Fill in the gap between the core team and developers feedback.
- On-going integration support to grant recipients and streamlining their feedback / issues to the grants committee and the core team.
Evangelizing + spreading the SSV gospel
- Spreading the awareness of ssv in developer communities and within the staking ecosystem.
- Helping with organizing and managing workshops and hackathons.
- Driving discussions in the staking ecosystem of possible synergies with the ssv protocol.
- Writing articles.
Rough plan of action for the next 3 months
- Master my technical understanding of how the ssv protocol works and how our various users (e.g. staking pools & services) currently operate
- Setting the infrastructure required to monitor and optimize the documentation funnel
- Reviewing, optimizing and expanding current documentation through driving the creation of new guides, tutorials and tooling
- Reflecting v2 release feedback in the documentation
- Creating additional integration guides for missing use-cases
- Refine the documentation funnel for specific use-cases and users
- Enriching current integration guides with code snippets
- Attend hackathons to raise awareness and support developer endeavors
Monthly reporting includes
I will provide reporting of my monthly activities that I perform in accordance with my goal & responsibilities & DAO needs. Reporting shall be done publicly to the DAO.
There will be areas of activities I intend to focus on the upcoming month along with activities I have worked on past month. These can change based on the DAOs needs.
Reporting sheet includes
- main objectives for upcoming month
- side objectives for upcoming month
- recapitulation of past month work & objective
- ongoing work
Travel Plan (Thus far)
- Bogata ETH Global Hackathon
- Oct 11-14 – Devcon 6 (Bogotá)
- Dec 1-4 – ETHDownUnder (Sydney)
- Other upcoming hackathons
Grant & Commitment proposal
All grants are denominated 100% in SSV based on a 7-day trailing average for the previous seven days, calculated on the 1st day of each month. Transfers shall be divided monthly and executed at the beginning of each calendar month for services rendered in the previous one .
- For my time and efforts and to cover tax & healthcare & travel & workspace expenses, I’m asking a yearly rate of $156,000 USD
This would amount to a monthly payment of $13,000 (156,000/12) paid in SSV under the conditions specified above.
This relationship will last for 6 month. It will start with the approval of this proposal, and will cease after 6 months or at any time following a decision of the DAO, unless renewed by a positive DAO vote.
This is a full time commitment. During the term of my engagement with the DAO and while receiving grants from it, I shall not work for any business, protocol, or DAO which is reasonably likely to interfere or compete with SSV.Network. This does not include activities that are not commercial such as collaborating with the Ethereum Foundation.
This engagement is not an employment agreement, and it does not create an employment relationship. Accordingly, I shall not be entitled to any benefits (pension, health insurance/medical coverage, etc.) associated with an employment relationship.
I warrant that my skills in the context mentioned in this proposal shall be put to the service of the DAO and the ssv.network and not to any of its members to whom I have no direct relationship or obligation.
I do not have the power to commit on behalf of the DAO and I shall not present myself as having such power.
All compensation in SSV should be made through the DAO multi-sig, which I am not and shall not be a key-holder of. If at any time either the DAO or anyone appointed by the DAO decides, by way of a vote, my services are no longer needed, I shall cease any action related to this engagement on the seventh (7) day following such decision. Grants shall be awarded until the said 7th day. The seven (7) days shall be dedicated to the transfer to a designated DAO contributor.