Abuse of Deposit-Bot

This is the most official place to discuss DAO issues. So the community, ambassadors, and Blox team are already seeing everything that you are writing. I’m not saying that you have to stop talking here or anywhere else (this is an open forum), but I am trying to communicate, respectfully, that you seem to be repeating the same arguments without success and wasting your time. I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the outcome, but based on the responses over the past month and now, it seems clear that the community has already settled on their decision.

1 Like

Hello Ahbaay and Fod… Thank you for your reply.
Since we didn’t have any technical questions, everything was easy and clear for us, so there was no particular reason for us to look through all the discord channels.
In addition, all our guys, including me, speak English only with google translator, and this, of course, is another reason why we did not carefully look through the discord.
I think this is our only fault. And, as the saying goes: the one who is a thousand times right is not to blame.
Of course, we would like to participate in the next testnet round. But still, will you make your rules certain? Now the rules contain only 10 lines of text and do not provide for any possible controversial issues.
If the rules remain the same and remain vague, then I believe that this will be done deliberately, so that later anyone can be deprived of awards, motivating this decision not by referring to understandable rules, but by the subjective decision of the meeting of ambassadors.
It is this paragraph of your rules “The community’s ambassadors and DAO can decide to withhold or cancel distributions on a case by case basis.” - talks about it…

Sincerely, Sergei.

Hey there,

Moreover, there are operators who have 1000-2000 validators each, and I highly doubt that they achieved such results not by a group of people,

I am one of those operators. In my case, it’s network effects and being active on YouTube and creating a tool to make it easy for people to run nodes. Which I presume then led to folx choosing my node for their validators. I am grateful for the trust, and happy to be part of testnet. I can say categorically that I haven’t coördinated a group or groups of people to get GöETH.

The run on GöETH bots that the testnet caused is of real concern for me. Multiple bots had to be shut down and that impacts everyone who wants to test on Prater. I really hope that testnet v2 can improve upon that situation.

2 Likes

As for abuse of the testnet: If your primary goal is to contribute to testing, you are golden. If you are instead running spreadsheets to figure out how to maximize SSV rewards while avoiding the ban hammer, your focus is on profit, and you are more likely to get excluded by your actions.

I don’t have a good hard and fast rule as to where that boundary is, either. From what I can see, the tendency has been to lean towards leniency and understand that a certain amount of profit motive is natural.

If I recall correctly, v2 will improve upon the situation by only rewarding the first validator for any address holding SSV, and by requiring a minimum of SSV held while not scaling upwards from there. I’m a little shaky on that, do check the rules and don’t take my word for it here.

That’d mean that attempts to game the system by creating 100s of validators are pointless, and hopefully folx read the rules and realize that it’s pointless.

2 Likes