I intend to apply as the first ‘hired’ member of the DAO, with a mandate of Ecosystem, DAO development, and Marketing.
SSV will be the true Layer Zero of the largest L1 (Ethereum), and will likely capture all of the 2.0 staking TVL like the monster it is. For me, this is clearly one of the top 15 projects that will emerge over the coming next 2 years.
When SSV’s DAO round came into my telegram, I re-read the deck multiple times over and realised that this is something different.
Something that I could see myself being a missionary for and dedicating 80%+ of my working time to, over the medium term future. Unlike P2E games on Avax or whatever, SSV has a clear value proposition to the ecosystem, and is already executing on it.
After speaking to the core team, I realised this is a place that I can call home, and a DAO that I’m more than happy to be truly dedicated too.
The DAO, and protocol, is missing one thing: non-technical expertise.
The unfortunate truth in crypto is that no matter how good the project is, no matter how much TVL you hold (Just look at $CREAM), the only thing that matters, is the market’s perception.
Therefore, based on my experience and area of expertise (DAO ops and Marketing), I believe I can be a huge value add at this pivotal and important time.
Moreover, this gives me a direct opportunity to contribute value to what I consider to be a fundamental building block of our future decentralised world. I write that without hyperbole or exaggeration, and if you’re reading this, you’re likely already in agreement that SSV will be integral to ETH 2.0, the future of blockchain, and the democratisation of validating our network.
To me, there is nothing more exciting.
Why I’m fit for this role
- Crypto native since 2016
- Ran one of the largest marketing agencies in crypto from '16-'19 (The 8760), raising $240,000,000 and marketing for the likes of RSK, Consensys, Fenbushi and more. Here I built a team of 40 marketers, working in virtually every major geography.
- Builder of the Ukrainian crypto ecosystem - https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/14/business/crypto-ukraine.html
- LinkedIN - https://www.linkedin.com/in/shadipaterson/
- Helping tier 1 projects such as ZKsync, PancakeSwap, Zerion, the web3 Foundation and Astar find incredible talent (Cryptographers, rust engineers, distributed system engineers) at https://tr3butor.com/
- Winning the ETH Lisbon Hackathon and building DAO tooling w/ https://twitter.com/madladshad/status/1452339684441534468 / contrib.at (Also winning grants from metacartel and tally)
- Great network of tier 1 VCs, marketing partners, and protocols such as Balancer, 1Inch, and more.
- Current sole focus off researching DAOs, their operations and their tooling. Very deep in the ecosystem.
- Always on the move, very extroverted, always at conferences and events.
Rough plan of action for the next 3 months
Please note, this plan of action is a live document and will change. This was developed in < 10 hours based on my initial first pass and talks with the core team and ambassadors. There’s already many more objectives for us to cover.
To read, please visit: HERE
- Furthering DAO tooling and streamlining operations
- Creating onboarding processes and attracting partners (Operators and Ecosystem integrations)
- Representing SSV at events with our target partners
- Managing and executing with our awesome Ambassadors
- Helping Eran and the marketing team absolutely crush it
- Building a network of KOLs
- Creating an awesome social presence
- Creating and pushing a killer narrative for SSV into the world
Metrics I would suggest the DAO holds me accountable to:
- Trading Volume
- Total N token Holders
- Protocol TVL
- Number (and quality) of operators
- Ecosystem partners
Travel Plan (Thus far)
- ETH Denver
- DAOist Mexico
- ETH Barcelona
- Consensys Austin
- ETH Amsterdam / Devconnect
- ETHCC Paris
Grant & Commitment proposal
$225,000 denominated entirely in SSV based on a 90-day trailing average, calculated on the calendar 1st of each month (Binance).
Transfers shall be executed monthly at the beginning of each calendar month for services rendered in the previous month. The transfers may be made using a smart contract or any other form as the D-marketing team deem most appropriate and convenient.
Unless terminated earlier by the DAO or the D-marketing team, this arrangement shall cease within one (1) year as of the approval of this proposal.
SSV DAO Commitment Memorandum
During the term of my engagement with the DAO and while receiving compensation from it, I shall not become involved in any manner, directly or indirectly, with any business, protocol, or DAO which is reasonably likely to interfere or compete with SSV.Network. This does not include work that may be conducted directly with the Ethereum Foundation.
I hereby clarify that this is not an employment agreement, and it does not create an employment relationship. Accordingly, I shall not be entitled to any benefits (pension, health insurance/medical coverage, etc.) associated with an employment relationship.
I warrant that my skills in the context mentioned in this proposal shall be put to the service of the DAO and the SSV.Network and not to any of its members to whom I have no direct relationship or obligation.
I do not have the power to commit on behalf of the DAO and I shall not present myself as having such power.
All compensation in SSV should be made through the D-marketing multi-sig, which I am not and shall not be a key-holder of. If at any time either the DAO or the D-marketing team decides, by way of the vote [ to insert a link to the DAO’s snapshot and the dMarketing’s platform of decision making ], my services rendered are no longer needed, the prorated monthly grant shall be transferred based on the seventh (7th) day following the day of the decision seen as the termination date. The seven (7) days shall be dedicated to the transfer to a designated member(s) of the team.
The funding of the D-marketing multi-sig shall be done by the DAO’s multi-sig on a quarterly basis, in a sum sufficient to cover the next three (3) months of operations. If services were terminated, any remaining SSV tokens shall be transferred back from the D-marketing multi-sig back to the DAO’s multi-sig.